Saturday, March 10, 2012

"I AM": Two most wonderful words

In Exodus 3:4 God called: “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am”.

When charged to go to Pharaoh to seek the release of the Hebrews from slavery, Moses recanted his minute-prior affirmation, and said, “Who am I...?” In effect he was saying, “I am not”. Like saying, “I am not who I thought I was”. It was a reversal of the affirmation.

He had plenty of excuses: He was a felon with murder on his record. (He could have been saying, “You don't know what I have done!). He was not eloquent, he stuttered. His upbringing, though in Pharaoh's household, was like in a foster home; he was not raised by his parents.

Moses topped his excuses by asking God, “By the way, what is your name?” And God answered, “I AM!”

The same two wonderful words!

No comments:

Post a Comment